Sunday, September 21, 2008

flower girl dresses

i'm having a hard time here. i'd like to have my nieces & garrett's (so, my soon to be) neices be "flower girls" - i just know that the girls on my side have wanted and wanted to be in my wedding & get to wear fancy, frilly dresses. but now... i've been looking online & i can't find anything. i can't find anything cute enough, modest enough, priced right... does anyone have any ideas? please please please let me know what you can find. thanks.

9 comments:

Tori said...

When we looked for Garth's brother and his sisters wedding, we found a store in the University Mall. Sorry I can't think of the name of the store. I'll ask my sisters in law and see if they remember. It was tricky getting all of them dresses, but it worked out. The older girls all matched and the younger girls matched. Maybe we could make them, or find white dresses and put your colors on them for sashes. Does that make sense? Hope I was some help. If not. forgive my rantings :)

Red Bed Head said...

Good Luck with that, we found flower girl dresses for our girls 12 days before the wedding, okay it was more like 18 but Oliver typed the 12 so I went with it. Anyway, a lot of the dresses on line have different sizing and the are all sleeveless with huge arm holes that show off their little boobies on a side view. Then there is the challenge of finding toddler vs. girl sizes in the same dress. So yeah, not what you wanted, but at least you know you aren't alone in the quest, ask their moms to search, one less thing for you to do.

Red Bed Head said...

okay, so I left a comment, but unless you have the comment mediator thing on I deleted it. Okay so we found our dresses at Gap, http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6300&pid=587333
it is their eyelet dress, not super fancy or frilly, but those are hard to find in normal sizes that actually fit little girls. It is all white and you can add a brown ribbon sash. It is down to three sizes so that could cause probs. Then Old Navy has a white sweater dress that is cute but not frilly or fancy, but it would be good for winter. Here is the site http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=39288&pid=605795&ssiteID=BR
Target actually has a bridal line, here is a dress from that line, there are similar dresses with different colored sashes.
http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Target-Sateen-Flower/dp/B001216EOM/qid=1222045221/ref=br_1_9/602-0557888-2679069?ie=UTF8&node=307140011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1
Here is another one from target...
http://www.target.com/Girls-Perfectly-Dressed-Tulle-Shantung/dp/B000MD87FU/qid=1222045848/ref=br_1_1/602-0557888-2679069?ie=UTF8&node=145232011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

Good Luck, we had a hard time finding dresses for our girls.

carrie pearson said...

http://www.shopbriarpatch.com/index.html

Try this. We got dresses last year for my little sisters wedding here - that worked for the little girls.

For the tweens, good luck. They are VERY had to buy for....

tiburon said...

I know nothing of flower girls.

Tiffany said...

Hi. I'm Tiffany. I came over from Tib's blog. I wuv her.
Anyway- we found a flower girl dress for my daughter on ebay. They have new dresses and worn-once dresses for gret prices- like $25!! Just a thought.

em said...

I found Shelby's baptism dress at Jolene's maybe that's the store Tori is talking about. There is one in University Mall and South Towne. They have lots of frilly dresses in lots of different sizes. I like the idea of finding the same color dress and adding a a ribbon or something to make them all match. Whatever you want.

Jennifer said...

http://www.strasburgchildren.com/sidu.html
Their signature dupioni silk with sash dress is on sale 50% off right now - but its still pricey and just goes to a 10, I think. But oh, so lovely. It screams for a big bow in the hair:)

Jennifer said...

http://www.strasburgchildren.com/sidu.html

Their is a dupioni silk dress that is beautiful on and is half price right now, but still a little crazy out there in price. Their is a section on "slip dresses" that are cotton and you can buy any color sash from them (brown perhaps?). Anyway, their dresses just SCREAM for a BIG bow in the hair:)

Also, sorry if this posted twice, I"m a goober.